The time has come to answer the age-old question: boy or girl? If you’ve decided to include your family and friends in your gender reveal celebration, here are nine ways to spill the beans.
For expectant parents who are throwing a gender reveal party, share the following ideas with the person announcing the most secretive (and important) element of your party: your baby’s gender!
- Select a blue bodygrow and a pink bodygrow. Hand the sealed envelope containing a slip of paper revealing your baby’s gender to a friend and have them secretly wrap up the bodygrow that corresponds with the correct gender. Wait to open the wrapped present in front of family and friends during your gender reveal party.
- Combine your gender reveal party with your baby shower. Present the sealed envelope from the ultrasound technician to the party host and allow her to secretly plan the theme and party elements. On the day of your party, ensure that she has cameras in place to capture you and your partner as you walk through the door and react to the exciting news.
- Have the party host order an opaque balloon from a party shop and fill it with pink confetti. During your gathering, have a loved one take a picture while you and your partner pop the balloon.
- Ask the party host to order a gender-neutral piñata filled with blue or pink sweets and toys. At your gender reveal party, let all your friends and family take a turn whacking the piñata, before you and your partner give it the final swing. Once the goodies come pouring out, grab a handful and toss them over your head: it'll make a great photo.
Signed, Sealed and Delivered
If you live far from your loved ones or simply prefer not to have a gender reveal party, here’s how you can document the announcement and share it via snail mail, e-mail or on your favourite social media website.
There’s no right or wrong way to reveal your baby s gender if you choose to find out, so why not have a little fun with the whole process?
- Decide with your partner before the big appointment that he will secretly learn your baby’s gender from the scan. Ask him to purchase an item of jewellery (ruby earrings, anyone?) that will reveal your child’s gender. Suggest that your partner take you out on an intimate date to present you with the gift and take a picture wearing your new jewels. Post it on your social media page and wait for the reactions!
- Have your partner take a picture of you blowing pink glitter from your hands. Alter the image so that everything appears in black and white, except for the glitter. Make dozens of copies and mail them to your family members and friends.