Sue Likes Blue is a story about a girl who likes everything blue.
The Start to Read! series helps children learn to read by presenting interesting stories with easy vocabularies. Words are repeated. Sentences are short. Rhyming words help children increase their vocabularies. Meaningful clues in the illustrations are abundant. After several readings with a partner, the child should be able to read alone. Most of all, the reading experience should be enjoyable.
Most of the vocabulary words in Sue Likes Blue are typically introduced in first grade. The words boots, everything, paper, dish, much, keep, and use are second grade words. The words dresses, soap, blankets, and glue are higher-level words. You may need to help your child sound out these words.
Written by: Barbara Gregorich
Illustrated by: Joyce John
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 50-70 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clue
- Memorable story line and main characters
Skills: reading; rhyming; vocabulary
Sue Likes Blue (iOS eBook)Details
- Product# 8761
- ISBN-13: 978-1-601-59350-4
- Ages 5-7
- Brand: School Zone
- Trademarks: Start to Read!®
Reviews for Sue Likes Blue (iOS eBook)