This Classic Edition uses the distinctive illustrations from earlier printings of Jog, Frog, Jog, an entertaining story about a jogging frog chased by a dog.
The Start to Read! series helps children learn to read by presenting interesting stories with easy vocabularies. In this Level 1 selection, words are repeated, and sentences are short. Rhyming words help children increase their vocabularies. Context clues in the illustrations are abundant.
Most of the vocabulary words in Jog, Frog, Jog are typically introduced in first grade. The words jog, frog, fog, and log are higher-level words. You may need to help your child sound out these words. After several readings together, encourage your child to read alone. Praise your child's efforts because, most of all, the reading experience should be enjoyable.
Written by: Barbara Gregorich
Illustrated by: Rex Schneider
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 9-50 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Beloved illustrations from an earlier version provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters
Skills: reading; rhyming; vocabulary
Jog, Frog, Jog Classic (iOS eBook)Details
- Product# 8791
- ISBN-13: 978-1-601-59380-1
- Ages 4-6
- Brand: School Zone